saints row (2022)
actually feeling like you're weakening them rather than an abrupt "this gang is done" call
i can't remember a major plot mcguffin (the codex) being then reduced to the same status as one of the collectible pickups in any of the other games, and the only reason i probably didn't really notice it during my playthrough was i did a lot of side content between getting the mcguffin and the finale
maybe it'll come back in the dlc as a way to bring back superpowers for a bit
saints row (2022)
watched fl1ppy's review as just something to watch over breakfast, and honestly, i don't have the same amount of vitriol for the friend group and so parts of the story including the finale, but a month removed, it's hard to dispute a lot of the rest
for as bad as SR3's pacing could be, it at least had regular check-ins with enemy gang leaders as an indication of how desperate they're getting
...i forgot that cybre.space itself is closing at some point, so uh
feel free to throw out recommendations
- I'm also over on Cohost, though unless they've added RSS support I will probably continue checking there less often than I did here.
* I do not recommend messaging me on Steam unless literally no other option is available; there is a /significant/ chance that I'll miss it with the combo of jumping between devices and most of my web browsing being on mobile/tablet.
In the event of scalie.club going into read only mode or going offline:
- My most active social media presence is, unfortunately, birdsite, which I know isn't good for some people.
- I'll probably repurpose my old gimmick account @Dex3D for friends who remain fedi only, and import my following list over there at some point this weekend.
- For trusted friends, Telegram, Discord, and Steam* are available via DM.
scalie.club admin, (probable) ending
Masto.host (completely understandably) ending their legacy price program has me seriously considering shutting scalie.club down, at least as a Mastodon site. I love the friends I've made and the communities we've interacted with through the lifetime of this site, but I think we're down to two active users, and $19 per month is too much on my income for hosting two people on an extension of a social media platform I no longer personally support as a whole
Four-armed dragon seated at a desk
This is the new headmaster of the Harmonic Mean, newly installed by the Cosmos Corps to oversee the transition from an arcane and sadistic school full of unreasonable puzzles and paradoxical assignments into somewhere logic and imagination can coexist. It uses music to bridge the gap, since there elements of both in it, and the seven divisions of the school are associated both with a type of musical instrument and a branch of mathematics.
Here's a new kind of commission I've done - I was asked to redesign the icon for Tusky (https://tusky.app), the open source Android Mastodon client, based on their mascot.
This redesign includes a themed icon for Android 13+ and a cute new notification icon ^^
It's not in the app yet, but it will be soon!
Big hearted fluffdragon, (fictional) ex-90s platformer mascot, & #sysadmin (helpdesk).
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!